The Trust currently has 11 committed and active Trustees who bring a wide range of skills to the organisation with diverse experience in the third, public and private sectors.
We now wish to recruit up to two more Trustees who bring:
• a commitment to the vision, mission and values of the Trust
• appropriate generic skills as set out in our Trustee role description, including understanding of charity governance or a willingness to learn
and one of the following specialist skills
• senior financial experience or
• significant knowledge and experience of communications, influencing and PR or
• in depth understanding and experience of social policy and practice in Scotland.
This is an exceptional opportunity to join a visionary charity which is committed to investing in real and sustainable improvements in the quality of life and wellbeing of people affected by dementia and care experienced young people. This is a voluntary role (although expenses are paid) which requires someone with the time and ability to participate effectively in both our Board and at least one of our committees (which meet quarterly in Glasgow).
Trustees are collectively responsible for the performance of the Trust overall. If you would like to discuss the role informally, please contact the Trust’s Chief Executive Maddy Halliday: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications should be made by sending a CV and covering letter to Maddy Halliday. The closing date is the 19th of May.